The Graduate School
Students seeking to do graduate work at Duke University for degree purposes must be formally admitted to the Graduate School by the dean. The Graduate School welcomes applications from students holding a U.S. bachelor's degree (or the international equivalent) from an accredited institution. For more information, visit the Graduate Admissions website.
Our Graduate Program
We are a small and exclusive program, and generally admit roughly 4 to 5 students per year.
Typical student profile for the M.A. in Russian Culture
- Superior undergraduate record
- At least three years of Russian language instruction
- Some course work in Russian studies
A completed application includes:
- Official transcripts from all postsecondary institutions attended
- Three letters of recommendation
- Writing sample
- The electronic submission of a writing sample (no more than ten pages in length) must be sent to the Graduate Enrollment Services Office by the application deadline. See submission guideline details.
- Official scores on the General GRE test
- Nonrefundable application fee
We recommend that you review admissions frequently asked questions before submitting your application.
Applications are online, and administered by the Graduate School.
Graduate School Admissions Office
127 Allen Building
Durham, NC 27708-0065
Tel: (919) 684-3913